Head-on collisions are some of the most violent types of car crashes. They often occur when a vehicle crosses a median or center-line and crashes into an oncoming vehicle. Unlike other accidents where one car may be stationary, head-on collisions involve two vehicles driving directly toward each other and crashing together.
They also regularly lead to fatal injuries. While head-on collisions only account for 2% of all accidents, they account for 10% of all vehicle accident-related fatalities. Some of the most common causes of head-on collisions include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Going the wrong way on the road
- Falling asleep at the wheel
- Speeding through intersections
Defending Yourself From a Head-On Collision
We all have a role to play when it comes to safe driving and accident prevention. The National Safety Council (NCS) recommends that drivers practice “The four Rs” in order to avoid head-on collisions:
- Read the Road Ahead. Your eyes should always be on the road, hill, curve, or overpass up ahead.
- Reduce Your Speed. By reducing your speed, you increase control of your vehicle.
- Drive to the Right. If you see an oncoming vehicle, drive to the right of your lane so that the other vehicles can see you and you can have an escape route.
- Ride Off the Road.
Protecting Those Wrongfully Injured Across Texas
If you or a loved one was injured in a head-on collision, please don’t hesitate to reach out to The Edwards Law Firm. Our dedicated legal team will review your case for free to determine the cause of your accident and help you pursue compensation against the at-fault party.
Additionally, if your loved one was killed in a head-on car crash, we will work with your family to help you file a wrongful death lawsuit. We have been assisting families across Texas since 1962 and you have our word that we will always put you and your family first.
For caring, ethical legal representation, contact our Corpus Christi injury attorneys at (361) 541-6333. We offer free, no-obligation consultations and there are no out-of-pocket expenses to hire our team.