Experienced Attorneys Serving the Injured Since 1962
Call Us Today for a FREE Initial Consultation 361-698-7600

Corpus Christi Motorcycle Accident Attorneys

Attorneys Helping Injured Riders in Portland and Robstown, TX

Motorcyclists, even when wearing helmets and other protective gear, are at a high risk of injury. Unfortunately, there can also be a bias against motorcycle riders, which puts them at a disadvantage in the legal process, as well. Many people believe that motorcyclists break rules, drive recklessly on purpose, and think they are above the law.

At The Edwards Law Firm, our staff consists of many motorcycle riders. We know firsthand the problems that come with riding. Injured riders deserve to recover compensation for their injuries, lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses. We have spent decades representing the victims of serious motorcycle accidents and have helped hundreds of families deal with the deaths and catastrophic injuries of family members.

Call our Corpus Christi motorcycle accident attorneys at 361-698-7600 and work with a team that actually understands what you are going through.

Texas Motorcycle Accidents by the Numbers

According to data from the Texas Department of Transportation:

  • 8,254 total motorcycle accidents were reported to police in Texas in 2019.
  • 410 motorcyclists were killed in Texas roadway collisions in 2019, and more than 1,800 were seriously injured.
  • 45% of motorcyclists killed were not wearing helmets at the time of the crash.
  • 96% of motorcycle fatalities in 2019 were drivers, with the remaining 4% being passengers.

Types of Injuries Caused by Motorcycle Accidents

Motorcycle accidents can leave riders with:

While the physical injuries suffered in a motorcycle crash are devastating, the emotional and financial tolls can be just as bad. Injured motorcycle riders often face huge medical bills and may struggle to pay them if they are unable to work as a result of their injuries. As experienced motorcycle injury attorneys, we can help accident victims and their families recover compensation to cover these life-altering events.

What Is the Number One Cause of Motorcycle Accidents?

Put simply, negligence is the leading cause of motorcycle accidents—occasionally, negligence on the part of the motorcyclist but more often, negligence on the part of other motorists. “Negligence” is a fairly broad category; what exactly does this negligence look like?

Negligence takes many forms. Some of the most common include:

  • Distracted driving, such as texting while driving
  • Driving while intoxicated/under the influence of alcohol or drugs
  • Fatigued driving/falling asleep at the wheel
  • Failing to check blind spots before changing lanes
  • Speeding
  • Reckless driving
  • Failing to follow traffic control devices, such as stop lights and stop signs
  • Failing to yield the right-of-way
  • Violating traffic laws and rules of the road
  • Making unsafe turns/turning across a motorcyclist’s path
  • Opening car doors into the path of oncoming motorcyclists

These are just some examples of how negligence can lead to motorcycle accidents—often with devastating consequences. When someone acts negligently or wrongfully, injured victims and/or their loved ones can take legal action to hold the at-fault party legally liable.

When Defective Motorcycle Parts Cause Crashes

Our team of experienced attorneys knows that when a motorcycle crashes for no apparent reason, it’s important to take a closer look. If a serious motorcycle crash is caused by a defect in a tire, rim, brakes, or any other critical motorcycle or tire part, manufacturers can and should be held accountable. These deadly defects are more common than you might think, and the public needs to know that defective motorcycles lead to serious injuries and deaths.

At The Edwards Law Firm, we use our experience and skilled experts to accurately determine whether a serious motorcycle crash is actually caused by a tire, rim, or brake defect, or any motorcycle part defect. If it is, we move forward on behalf of our clients and litigate against the manufacturers responsible for the defect and the resulting crash.

Allow Fellow Motorcyclists to Represent You

We have successfully represented motorcycle riders and their families in and around the Corpus Christi area for many years. Don’t let just any attorney handle your case. Allow the fellow riders of The Edwards Law Firm to review your case and get the best possible outcome. Our firm will evaluate your case with no charge and no obligation. If we decide that you should pursue a personal injury claim, our firm will provide the personal service and professionalism that you should expect from your law firm.

Contact our Corpus Christi offices today at 361-698-7600 for a free review of your case.

Additional Information

Back to Top