Faulty Cruise Control Prompts Fiat Chrysler to Issue Urgent Recall
Fiat Chrysler is recalling 4.8 million vehicles because of a potential defect in the cruise control that may make it impossible for drivers to turn it off and may even make their cars speed up. The company said drivers should not use cruise control until they visit their dealership for a free inspection and software fix if needed. Vehicles currently affected by the urgent recall include:
- Dodge Journey MY 2014-2018 SUV
- Dodge Durango MY 2014-2018 SUV
- Dodge Challenger MY 2015-2018 2-Door
- Dodge Charger MY 2014-2018 4-Door
- Ram 3500 MY 2014-2018 Pickup Truck
- Ram 3500 Cab Chassis MY 2014-2018 Pickup Truck
- Ram 3500 Less Than 10,000 Pound Cab Chassis MY 2016-2018 Pickup Truck
- Ram 2500 MY 2014-2018 Pickup Truck
- Ram 4500/5500 Cab Chassis MY 2014-2018 Pickup Truck
- Ram 1500 MY 2014-2019 Pickup Truck
- Jeep Wrangler MY 2018 SUV
- Jeep Grand Cherokee MY 2014-2018 SUV
- Jeep Cherokee MY 2014-2018 SUV
- Chrysler 300 MY 2014-2018 4-Door
- Chrysler Pacifica MY 2017-2018 Van
- Chrysler 200 MY 2015-2017 4-Door
To see if your vehicle is affected, go to www.safercars.gov and plug in your 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Owners also can call the company at 866-220-6747.
Serious Auto Crash Can Be Caused By Defective Designs and Parts
Crashes that seem to be caused by drivers are sometimes actually due to a defective vehicle or a vehicle that has been defectively-designed–i.e., not designed to be crashworthy. Too often this is overlooked.
If you are involved in a serious auto crash, it is critical to have a thorough investigation. Our team of trained accident investigators has examined the facts and evidence to determine actual events and causes in the serious auto crashes brought to us. Our cases have included tire failures, car and van rollovers, faulty brakes, gas tank fires, seat belt failures and other signs of defects and negligence.