Billy Edwards has been a partner and driving force of The Edwards Law Firm since 1986. His many high-profile cases and verdicts have placed him among the ranks of the nation’s finest and most successful trial lawyers. Equally at home in a boardroom, courtroom, or riding his Harley on a backcountry road, Billy’s Texas roots and genuine interest in helping people earn him praise from clients who say he puts them at ease and helps the law make sense to them.
Billy is a passionate consumer advocate. Not content to just win cases, his advocacy has resulted in safer cars, motorcycles, and tires nationwide. It’s not headline-making verdicts he’s most proud of, however, but working with clients to ensure what happened to them won’t happen to others.
Billy is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law and in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Board Certification is a mark of excellence and a distinguishing accomplishment. Within the Texas legal community, Board Certification means an attorney has substantial, relevant experience in a select field of law as well as demonstrated and tested special competence in that area of law. It’s not a one-time thing. Billy stays current in his field through regular continuing education and re-certification, which is a requirement of the designation.
Because of his outstanding legal credentials and experience, Billy often lectures at trial seminars. He also maintains an AV Preeminent® rating (the highest given) in legal abilities and ethics by Martindale-Hubbell®, a legal peer-review publication.
Billy is an ardent motorcycle rider and enthusiast and an active member of the local Harley Club. He can be found many weekends riding his dual-sport motorcycle, mostly on dirt back roads. He regularly represents motorcycle riders in serious motorcycle injury or fatal crash litigation. He is well-versed in investigating and uncovering tire manufacturing defects that are responsible for motorcycle tragedies.
Billy believes in giving back to his community. He serves on the board and is vice-president of Charlie’s Place, and is a former member of the board of directors of the Boys & Girls Club of Corpus Christi. He and his wife live in Corpus Christi. He also has two grown sons.
- United States Supreme Court
- Texas State Courts
- U.S. Court Of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Special Admissions in many other U.S. and state courts throughout the U.S.
- Juris Doctor with honors, St. Mary’s University School of Law
- Corpus Christi State University
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers (2018)
- State Bar of Texas
- Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group, Inc.
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Author of articles and speaker at numerous seminars for lawyers’ continuing education
- State Bar Grievance Committee